Continued strengthening of U.S. chronic care management program is expected to positively impact patients and practices across the country
Cleveland, OH, July 25, 2017 (Newswire.com) - Chronic Care Management, LLC announced that The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released its proposed rule for the 2018 physician fee schedule payment policies earlier this month. This proposed rule contains several major proposed rule changes, which include continued efforts to strengthen the Medicare chronic care management (CCM) program, proposed improved reimbursement for care management services within federally qualified health centers (FQHC’s), new additions to the list of covered telehealth services, and a solicitation for comments on updating Medicare’s guidance on evaluation and management visit codes. The proposed rule, published in the Federal Register, can be viewed here.
In an acknowledgement of the changing needs of the Medicare population that is increasingly affected by chronic conditions, CMS is also soliciting stakeholder comments on proposals to reduce the administrative burden associated with CCM services.
Dr. William Mills, President and CEO of Chronic Care Management, LLC, said, “CMS continues to further its important policy work as part of its 2018 physician fee schedule proposed rule. I congratulate Administrator Verma and Secretary Price for extending this important policy proposal that would continue to strengthen the “in-between visit” Medicare benefit known as chronic care management. We are seeing firsthand that the program is driving clinical quality measure improvement for patients with multiple chronic conditions as well as a reduction in certain acute care services, including emergency department visits and hospital readmissions.”
“As the CMS CCM program continues to mature, we believe that patients and caregivers throughout the U.S. will grow accustomed to quality “in-between visit” touchpoints and resources that can lead to enhanced engagement and improved health”, added Dr. Mills. “It is also heartening to see that medical groups around the country are being rewarded for goal-directed care planning, care coordination and other activities with new revenue that is helping many groups successfully transition to value-based care models.” Dr. Mills concluded, “I look forward to continuing to work with stakeholders, CMS and its expert technical advisors throughout the comment period to continue to improve access to CCM for the millions of beneficiaries in need of this critical service.”
Chronic Care Management, LLC provides:
- Comprehensive technology solution with integrated clinical staff that provides complete care management for Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial beneficiaries
- Care management support for multiple Quality Programs including Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Savings Program, MIPS, Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+), and others
- Robust Risk Stratification capability, enabling care management workflow from high to low risk
- Capture of non-visit revenue via chronic care management codes (CPT 99490, CPT 99487 and CPT 99489) with 3rd-party tested, robust audit trail and time tracking features
- Chronic Care Management Professional Hints, which provide evidence-based documentation processes for many chronic medical conditions
- Business intelligence tools that provide real-time data on CCM revenue and other key performance indicators
- Advanced scheduling / Call Center support technology to address the continuity of care and community outreach to the patients in between physician visits
- Comprehensive medication management including home delivery and adherence tools via partner pharmacy
About Chronic Care Management, LLC
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Chronic Care Management, LLC, is a solution-oriented technology and services care management provider. The company’s primary focus is “in-between visit” care management for people with multiple chronic conditions. Founded by a physician with first-hand care management and primary care/geriatrics practice and national leadership experience, the company develops and deploys software and clinically integrated care management programs that promote cloud-based, goal-directed, quality collaborative care planning. The solutions bring together healthcare providers, systems, and stakeholders around a central, person-centered care plan that drive positive clinical outcomes for patients and positive financial outcomes for practices.
Providing practices a concrete path from volume to value, Chronic Care Management, LLC also empowers organizations who are participating in alternate payment models with a formal platform to foster care coordination, quality measure success attainment, a focus on advanced care planning, care transitions, medication reconciliation and a number of other success-driving areas.
For more information, please visit http://www.chroniccaremanagement.com or call toll free: (844) CCM-6500 / (844) 226-6500.
© 2017 Chronic Care Management, LLC. Chronic Care Management Professional Hints and the Chronic Care Management company name with logo are registered trademarks of Chronic Care Management, LLC. All rights reserved.
Chronic Care Management, LLC
Source: Chronic Care Management, LLC